Mindmapping Your Way to a Book or Film...

Whether you are doing mindmapping the analog (what I consider the 'artsy' way) or whether you are using a mindmapping program, for creative brainstorming and organizing ideas, it's a useful tool. I LOVE mindmapping, though I do generally use a piece of paper and a pencil to do it. I think the process is pretty clear by just look at samples of them which you can do on Flickr via this link. Do a Google image search of mindmaps and some are clearly works of art.

Here's a great article about using MindManager software to layout a book. I'm guessing my filmmakers can see the crossover to developing a film. Stick the working title in the middle and start developing chapters or scenes off of that center.

Alltop has a whole mindmapping section of blogs and you can find a list of software (plenty of it free) here. If any of you have used a mindmap for laying out a book, film, podcast or similar, let us know! I'd love a photo or scan of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment