The Truth Is Stranger Thanksgiving Recommendations

The Moth via NYTimes

So grateful to my readers, the cool folks I interact with on Twitter, the creative nonfiction community. I hope you are having a lovely Thanksgiving. Here are some recommendations:

Film
Rivers and Tides. If ever there was a more beautiful meditative film about an artist than watching Andy Goldsworthy work with nature, I haven't a clue what it is. If you do, let me know. Andy does things with leaves and rocks and icicles that will leave you breathless (and cold). Gorgeous.

Print
It is NOT nonfiction, but it IS about a creative nonfiction class (fiction about nonfiction): Generosity by Richard Powers. I'm in the middle and eating it up.

Podcast
The Moth NYC: This American Life pulls some of its programs from The Moth which features unknown storytellers like neurosurgeons and police officers and as well as famous folks like Moby and Ethan Hawke. You can get this podcast in all the usual ways. Prepare to be stunned by your fellow humans...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment